- Alberta Government, Agriculture and Rural Development (2007) Firm Steps: Identifying Lameness in Dairy Cattle. Edmonton AB: Alberta Agriculture and Food.
- CD-ROM; ordering online
- Council of Europe (2006) Appendix A of the European Convention for the Protection of Vertebrate Animals Used for Experimental and Other Scientific Purposes (ETS No. 123). In: Guidelines for Accommodation and Care of Animals. Strasbourg, France: CE.
- Hubrecht R. and Kirkwood J. (eds.) (2010) The UFAW Handbook on the Care and Management of Laboratory and Other Research Animals, 8th ed. Oxford UK: Blackwell Science.
- Reinhardt V. and Reinhardt A. (eds.) (2002) Comfortable Quarters for Laboratory Animals, 9th ed. Washington DC: Animal Welfare Institute.
- Rushen J., de Passillé A.M., von Keyserlingk M.A.G. and Weary D.M. (2008) The Welfare of Cattle. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer Publishing.
- This book reviews research on the welfare of cattle, covering behaviour, nutrition and feeding, housing and management, stockmanship, and stress physiology, as well as transport and slaughter. The book is intended for researchers in veterinary and animal science and animal welfare science, as well as professionals in the beef and dairy industries.